The kit is made of resin pieces with photo-etched wings and details. There supposed to be a wire in the kit but it was missing. I used a guitar wire instead, which turned out to be a better option.
For this build up, I could not get any process photos. So, straight to the result:
Here you can check out the pimped up cockpit details:
The platform is scratch built from various bits, having the hexagon theme for the comb reference (how surprising!). The bottom case is a hexagon wooden gift box, I was lucky just to have one already. It is filled with foam to raise the floor. The floor tiles is made of two layers of cardstock paper, a base layer and a second layer for tiles which are cut individually to create a volume. Then the floor is base-coated with black and dry-brushed with gray in order to bring up the tile details. Some decorations from the bit-box and an actual headlight lamp finishes the ground level.
Here I started painting the pilots:
And the final model with the pilots:
[coming as soon as I finish the pilots]